The Breeders’ Cup Guide Canada
The Breeders’ Cup World Championships, operated by the Breeders’ Cup Limited, was established in 1982 and officially launched in 1984 in Hollywood Park. The Breeders’ Cup was originally a one-day event comprising of over 7 races. This was changed in 2007 when the event became a two-day event, with 14 races taking place in the two days; we will list these races later in the guide. The main race that many look forward to is the $6 million Breeders’ Cup Classic Race. The Breeders’ Cup has a total of $25 million in prize money.
Breeders’ Cup annual event changes venues every year. The two most frequent venues have been the Churchill Downs racetrack and the Santa Anita. In this guide, we will highlight some of the best Canadian sportsbooks that you can make use of when you place bets on the Breeders’ Cup. We will also look at the various betting options that are available in horse racing. Read up on the prestigious tournament so you can participate in the championships.
Race Books for Breeders’ Cup Betting
There are various racebooks and sportsbooks that one could use when it comes to placing bets on the Breeders’ Cup. The great thing about these sportsbooks, that come highly recommended by us, is that they are all online. Bettors in Canada can place their bets on the Breeders’ Cup favourites and other horse racing events with ease using these sportsbooks.
Breeders’ Cup Page Links:
Day 1 races:
- Juvenile Turf Sprint for $1 million
- Juvenile Fillies for $2 million
- Sentient Jet Juvenile for $2 million
- Juvenile Turf for $1 million
- Juvenile Fillies Turf for $1 million
Day 2 races:
- Filly & Mare Turf Race for $2 million
- Longines Distaff Race for $2 million
- Classic Race for $6 million
- Turf Sprint Race for $1 million
- Filly & Mare Sprint Race for $1 million
- Longines Turf Race for $4 million
- Mile Race for $2 million
- Dirt Mile Race for $1 million
- Twin Spires Sprint Race for $2 million
The two-day event is more than just horse racing. There is great entertainment provided for all those who attend the Breeders.
Horse Racing is great when it comes to betting because there are plenty of options available to punters. Below we will look at the various bets that are you can place.
- Place – this betting option is when a wager is placed on which will finish either in first place or second place.
- Quinella – betting on two horses to finish in first and second place. No exact order is required with this bet type.
- Superfecta – a punter will, in this case, bet on which horses will finish in first, second, third and fourth place. In order to win this bet, the horses must be in that exact order at the finish line.
- Show – these wagers are great for securing some kind of pay-out. The horse you bet on would need to finish the race in first, second or third. Giving the bettor three chances to win.
- Win – a fairly simple bet to understand. The horse would need to finish the race first to win.
- Daily Double – the horse you bet on must win two races. Remember we mentioned that the Breeders Cup has several races that take place? In this case, the horse must win two of these races consecutively in order for you to get a pay-out.
- Pick 4, Pick 5, Pick 6 – this is similar to the above betting option. The horses must win 4, 5 or 6 races, consecutively.
- Pick 3 – another similar betting option. In this case, the horse you bet on must win 3 consecutive races.
Bettors in Canada can get in on the action of betting on the Breeders’ Cup from the comfort of their homes. Both seasoned bettors and new bettors that are interested in taking part in the betting spree can sign up at our recommended sites and get started today!