Churchill Downs is an iconic racetrack located in the state of Kentucky, Louisville in the US. Established back in 1875 the track has been around for over 140 years. The racetrack hosts prestigious events that even punters from Canada can participate in. it has been renovated and developed throughout the years but has managed to keep its authenticity and tradition. The twin spires are easily recognized all over the globe as a signature statement of the racecourse venue.
Churchill Downs has done the incredible job of expanding its premises. From humble beginnings to date the venue can seat over 170 000 spectators. Its most famous race, the Kentucky derby, attracts more wagering than most of its other events. Below, we will look at these events and the best Canadian betting sites that provide wagering options on all of the events.
Canadian Sportsbooks for events at Churchill Downs
There are plenty of horse racing events as I had previously mentioned that take place at Churchill Downs. For the sole purpose of making your betting experience better, these betting sites cater for bettors in Canada.
- Leovegas Sportsbook
100% bonus of up to C$300
- Spin Sports
Sign up of up to C$300 free bets
- Mr Green
Sign up bonus of up to C$20 in Free Bets
Get A C$10 Free bet when you bet C$10
- Betway Sportsbook
Sign up bonus of up to C$200 in Free Bets
- 22bet Sportsbook
300% bonus on your first deposit
- Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Churchill Downs Guide Page Links:
The Churchill downs race track is home to several horse racing events that attract wagers in their thousands. Below, we’ll list the events that take place at the venue annually.
- The Kentucky Derby – the racing event is more than just horse racing as it boasts a cultural phenomenon attached to it.
- Kentucky Oaks – this race takes place a day before the Kentucky Derby and draws almost as many spectators.
- Spring/Summer meet – a seasonal event that attracts several bettors.
- September meets – more than just horse racing as there is a wide variety of entertainment on offer, including games.
- Fall meet – this is another seasonal jam-packed multi-day event that attracts plenty of bettors.
- The Clark Handicap and Stephen Foster races – these races are usually held for the older horses.
Now that we’ve already highlighted the events that take place at the Churchill Downs, let’s now focus on how you can bet on these events with ease. There are six betting options available on all the above-mentioned horse races that you can place in all the races.
- Superfecta – this is the highest paying bet. In this case, a bettor will pick the first, second, third and fourth place in a race.
- Exacta – this betting option is similar to the place bet. However, in this case, a punter is betting on a horse to win and another to come out second.
- Win – this is the easiest bet to understand. In this case, you are simply betting on which horse will win the race.
- Show – this bet type requires that bettor predicting that their pick will finish in the top three.
- Place – A bettor, in this case, is placing a wager on their chosen horse to finish in either the first place or second place.
Betting on events at Churchill Downs is exciting because of the variety of entertainment that comes with it. Punters from Canada can participate in the wagering excitement by signing up with any of our highly recommended racebooks.