Betting on Tennis Online
Online tennis betting is popular among internet bettors in Canada. Tennis has a number of events that Canadian bettors can look forward to. The players in the sport are household names therefore making it easy to learn quickly who to put your buck on; however, that kind of betting is not always recommended. Tennis has a very large following and fan base around the world. There are four major tennis tournaments in the world, often referred to as grand slams. In Canada, the Rogers Cup set a world record for the highest number of attendance at a week-long tennis tournament in 2017. This goes to show that the sport is growing in leaps and bounds among Canadians, therefore ought to grow among bettors in Canada.
Finding an Online Sportsbook
Online tennis betting starts with finding a suitable web-based sportsbook that operates in Canada. There are plenty of options when it comes to this, there are plenty of scammers too, finding a reputable sportsbook will require you to read reviews of each of the sportsbooks you come across before signing up to the online gambling platform. Below is a table of our highly recommended sportsbooks and each comes with a sign-up bonus of its own.
As previously mentioned, there are four Grand Slam tournaments in the world of tennis that bettors from Canada can place wagers on and these are; the French Open, US Open, Australian Open and Wimbledon. In addition to that, Canadian bettors can place wagers on home soil tournaments such as the Bell Challenge and the Rogers Cup. A lot of money is placed in these four major tournaments as they attract international attention.
Tips for Online Tennis Betting
Online Betting on Tennis is gaining popularity simply because tennis has a large following in Canada and around the world. As a first time internet tennis bettor your first priority will be finding a player you think is worth your money. Placing an online wager on players considered to be the best will be placing you in the comfort position by ensuring winnings on your wagers. Increase your chances of winning by placing online bets on all the grand slams your favourites will participate in. If your player of choice is a great player then they should be in all four grand slams.
Tennis Bet Types;
There are quite a few ways to bet on your favourite sport. Tennis is played throughout the year, meaning there is no limit on the countless opportunities that come your way. These are the bets on offer;
- Handicap Betting – this is when a bettor places an online wager on a tennis player to either perform as expected in the game or to play better than anticipated.
- Over/Under – the focus of this bet is the total number of sets played in one game. The online bettor places a wager on the number of sets that are played and not the result of the match.
- In-Play betting – this is when a bet is made during the tennis game. This type of betting is popular at the moment because it opens up the door to more rewards. An online tennis bettor can place a wager on the match results to individual points.
- Correct score – this is when an online wager is placed on the final score of the game and by how much the player won.
- Outright betting – this is in relation to the tournament at hand and who you think will win the overall tournament.
- Parlay Betting – this kind of betting is when a wager is placed on multiple games taking place on the same day.
Overall Online Tennis Betting
Canadians have the means to place a wager online and these are easy and accessible with all the sportsbook options that all cater to this thrilling hobby. With all the options available in the world of online tennis betting there is no way a bettor cannot make money. Look at all the options at your disposal and all the odds compiled by bookmakers and this should make your journey as an internet based bettor easier.