Betting Home Underdogs, simply put, is betting on underdogs who are playing on their home ground. Home underdogs are teams that are expected to experience a loss in a match. In any sports, home ground advantage is a real thing. in fact, punters who are familiar with betting home underdogs consider this as one of the most important factors that bettors consider before placing a wager.
Betting on the favourite is common with this betting type because they’re winning odds are higher than the underdog going into the game. This betting line is not exclusive to one sport; however, it is more commonly sought after in the National Football League, (NFL). Bettors from Canada are not restricted from indulging underdog betting. There are other sports that have the Betting Home Underdogs option such as basketball and soccer. In this sports betting guide, we will look at some of the benefits attached to this betting option. We will also give you some tips to help you formulate an underdog betting strategy.
Sportsbooks for Betting on Home Underdogs
Betting Home Underdogs would require a reputable betting site with competitive odds. Below, we’ve listed some of the best betting sites available to Canadian bettors. In this part of the sports betting guide, we’ve listed the best sportsbooks for punters.
- Betway Sportsbook
Sign up bonus of up to C$200 in Free Bets
- Leovegas Sportsbook
100% bonus of up to C$300
- Spin Sports
Sign up of up to C$300 free bets
- Mr Green
Sign up bonus of up to C$20 in Free Bets
Get A C$10 Free bet when you bet C$10
- 22bet Sportsbook
300% bonus on your first deposit
- Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
What You’ll Find in this Guide:
- Benefits of Betting Home underdogs
- Tips for Betting on the Underdogs
- Betting on Home Underdogs NFL
- Overall sentiments
The benefits of betting home underdogs are plenty and attractive.
- The potential pay-out form betting on underdogs is greater than if you bet on
- Playing with the underdogs on their home ground means going into the game where the underdogs will be more comfortable.
- Travelling does tire a person out. The underdogs will probably be well-rested as opposed to the favourite team.
- Playing on home ground means more fans from the team will be visible on the ground, giving a boost in morale to the home underdogs.
Here are a few tips for betting home underdogs below. It’s always important to formulate a strategy for underdogs betting. For underdogs betting, using the moneyline options works best. In other words, bet on sports where only a few possible outcomes exist; a win, a draw and/or a loss. Here are more underdog betting tips:
- Before placing a bet on any sports event it is important that you do your research. Look back at the underdog team’s performance in previous games as well as the player’s form.
- Become a quick thinker. Options for betting in this bet type tend to close very quickly, so while making your decision, ensure that you consider research beforehand and decide quickly.
- Bettors often look for live-betting options when it comes to underdog betting as it assists in ensuring that a bettor can either minimize their loss or maximize their profit.
Bettors employ the betting home underdogs option in the NFL more than any other league. They refer to the underdog teams as pups. NFL bettors, more than punters in any other sports, make use of betting home underdogs option. Underdogs are quite common in the NFL season. History of the NFL depicts a favourable outcome on betting home underdogs.
When it comes to home underdogs betting, most expert bettors always caution new bettors to stay away from betting on the underdogs. They claim that the risk is higher because you stand to lose a big sum of money. However, this is gambling. Betting on anything is risky, however, it’s often coupled with a high reward. Betting on the Underdog is essentially exactly the same. Once the research is done accordingly then placing a bet should be the easy part of the process, especially considering the fact that you can minimize your loss, or cash in on your wins while the game goes on.