The Australian Open is the first major tennis tournament that takes place each year. The 2020 instalment of the tournament will be the 115th since its inception in 1905. Bettors in Canada can place wagers on this event with ease using online sportsbooks. The tournament takes place annually at Melbourne Park. The Grand Slam event is expected to take place from January 20th to February 2nd, 2020. This guide was put together so you can start preparing yourself for the next Australian Open.
The Australian Open attracts plenty of bettors from all corners of the globe. We will advise our Canadian punters on the various betting options that are available for the Australian Open. We will also give new bettors a few tips to help them get started. Another important point we will share with you is the betting platform that exists. There are a few reputable sportsbooks that punters can sign up with and kick start their betting on the Australian Open.
Sportsbooks Covering the Australian Open
For punters looking to place bets on the Australian Open, we will list some highly recommended sportsbooks. Earlier we mentioned that there online sportsbooks that are available for bettors. These are great because they allow the bettor to place an online wager on their preferred players from home. Another great factor regarding these sportsbooks is that they offer bettors plenty of promotions and bonuses. This gives you more value for your money.
- Leovegas Sportsbook
100% bonus of up to C$300
- Spin Sports
Sign up of up to C$300 free bets
- Mr Green
Sign up bonus of up to C$20 in Free Bets
Get A C$10 Free bet when you bet C$10
- Betway Sportsbook
Sign up bonus of up to C$200 in Free Bets
- 22bet Sportsbook
300% bonus on your first deposit
- Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Australian Tennis Open Page Links:
So we mentioned that in the Australian Open there is a wide variety of betting options that is available for bettors. Now, we will list these options and define them for you in a simple way.
- Moneyline – this is the simplest betting option. A punter is simply required to pick a winner.
- Over/Under – another name for this betting option is a Totals bet. A sportsbook sets a number that they presume will be the total scored points. A punters job is then to correctly predict whether the total points will be over and under the one selected by bookmakers.
- Odds and Evens – this betting option requires that a bettor predicts whether a match or set will have an odd or even number of games.
- Futures – in this case, a punter is given the opportunity to place bets on other upcoming tennis tournaments.
There are plenty more betting options, but for the purpose of this guide, we have only listed the most popular options and the easiest.
Below we will list tips that you can implement in your betting strategy for the Australian Open.
- Sign with a reputable sportsbook that has the best odds
- Make use of the bonuses and promotions
- As recent history has proven at Australian grand slam as well as the other grand slams, give the underdogs a chance.
- Stay constantly updated on the latest relevant information.
- Manage your bankroll by betting carefully and never exceeding 10% per wager.
- Stay away from players that are prone to injury.
Bear in mind that the Australian Open sets the tone for all the other tennis tournaments. It is at Melbourne Park that you need to analyze a player’s fitness and form. By signing up with any of our recommended sportsbooks you are opening yourself up to an easy betting journey! Sign up today.