Horse racing in Canada is a market that offers bettors a lot of real money betting opportunities. It is also one of the oldest forms of sports and has a big following. A lot of bettors all over the world place billions worth of bets on horse racing and you can also join in on the fun. Online sportsbooks offer a variety of betting lines and odds on the different horse racing events in Canada and around the world.
You can get in on the action of horse racing betting and also feel the excitement of winning big when betting on horses. We have created this horse racing betting guide to help Canadian players who are interested in placing wagers on this sport.
Our horse racing betting guide shares the types of betting lines available; we will explain what the horse racing betting odds are, top racing tracks, best horse racing events to bet on and a list of online sports betting sites. We will recommend a few highly reputable top Canadian online sportsbooks that you should consider signing up with.
Best Online Horse Racing Betting Sites
Below is the list of the best online horse racing betting sites in Canada. When you place your bet on these sites, you will receive the best bonuses and odds for various kinds of sports in Canada and the world.
100% bonus of up to C$300
Sign up of up to C$300 free bets
Sign up bonus of up to C$200 in Free Bets
100% up to $100 welcome bonus Use bonus code 10PLAY
300% bonus on your first deposit
Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
Sign up bonus of CA$100
Online Horse Racing Betting Page Links:
- Types of Horse Bets
- Horse Racing Odds – How to Bet on Horses and Win
- Horse Racing in Canada
- Online Horse Racing Betting Strategies
There are two different kinds of wagers you will come across when betting on horse racing. Namely straight and exotic wagers. The difference between the two wagers is that straight bets allow you to choose a horse that will come in first, second and third place and the exotic bets allow you to make specific bets at once. See the different horse racing bets below:
These bets are simple to understand and make. They are also the cheapest wagers to make in horse racing. Available bets under straight bets include the following:
- Straight win – betting that your preferred horse will come first in the race.
- Show bet – when you bet that your favoured horse will either come in first, second or third place.
- Place only – placing a bet that your preferred horse will either be in first or second place in the race. The payout for this bet will be less, but the odds are better than the straight bet.
- Across the board – this bet is a combination of the stakes mentioned above and it has higher profit potential.
The exotic bet allows you to place bets on more than one outcome of a race at a time. These wagers are not easily won, and there is also a skill that is required to win them.
- Quinella – When you place a bet that two horses will either come in the first place or second and it can be in any order.
- Exacta – Is the opposite of the quinella. With this bet you wager that the two horse will come in first and second place in the exact order you bet them.
- Trifecta – with this bet you will choose the three horses that will come in first, second, and third place in the exact order you bet them.
- Superfecta – similar to the trifecta bet but the difference here is that you pick four horses instead of three. They also have a win in the order that you have made a bet.
- Pick 3 – this bet allows you to choose the winner of the race but for three consecutive races.
- Daily double – similar to the pick three-bet but in this case, you choose two successive races. Bookmakers will either offer this bet for the first two races of the day or the last two.
Sports betting odds tell you the chances of your bet winning and also how much you will win if your bet is correct. Even though they might be calculated differently the idea is the same.
The horse racing odds are calculated differently from the other sports and are never stable. They can keep changing until the race begins. So, in the case of horse racing betting, it is best to know whether to choose fixed or take a chance on them changing. You will also need to sign up with a horse racing betting site that offers the best odds. In that way, when your wager has won, you can win big.
Some horse racing betting sites offer specials to increase your odds on your preferred horse. They can even offer specials that can increase your chances of winning or lower the chances of you losing. Always check with the sportsbooks that you are signed with to find the offers.
The most famous horse racing competition in Canada is the Canadian Triple Crown. The competition has been around since 1959, and it takes place every year. It has also been able to get Canada to play a significant role in global thoroughbred and standardbred horse racing markets.
The Canadian Triple Crown has three legs, and all of them happen at different race tracks in Canada. The first one is the Queen’s Plate hosted at Polytrack in Toronto. The second race is the Prince of Wales Stakes hosted in Ontario at the Fort Erie Racetrack. The last leg is the Breeder’s Stakes hosted in Woodbine at the E.p. Taylor Turf Course.
If you are an avid horse racing fan and want to start your horse racing betting career, the Canadian Triple Crown can be the best place to make profitable wagers. However, you have to do your research first before diving in head first. There are also plenty of wagering options that you can choose from for your real money bets. You can also place your bets on other horse racing events that happen around the world.
For your horse racing bet to be profitable, you can’t pick any horse and expect a win. There are strategies that you can use that can help improve your chances of winning. However, they don’t guarantee a win.
Horse racing betting strategies can help you make a well-informed bet that will have a high chance of winning compared to a randomly made a bet. You are able to search the internet and find expert strategies and tips. However, since you are here on our site, you can check out our horse racing betting strategy guide which will help you with your next horse racing bet.
Other Popular Sports Guides: