Best Sports Betting Sites Canada
Sports betting sites in Canada continue to see growth in leaps and bounds. That’s why Oddshunter.ca was created. We are here to help punters navigate sports betting with ease. Amongst other things, our aim is to direct you to sports betting bonuses and promotions offered by the best Canadian sportsbooks. So, whether you wish to bet on NHL games, take part in baseball betting or get the best NHL betting tips, Oddshunter encompasses all of that. Many Canadians love sports; thus it would not come as a surprise that they even go as far as betting on their favourite teams. Even though there are land-based sports betting retailers, nothing is more convenient than betting on sports from the comfort of your home using your laptop or even on your mobile devices or tablet while you are on the go.
Sports betting online at the best Canadian betting sites using real money can seem to be a daunting task when you are just a beginner. Worry not because we have put this betting guide to help you learn about sports betting at an online betting site that accepts Canadians.
Sports betting in Canada is not complex, but if you are a beginner punter then we’re here for you. Here at Oddshunter.ca, we give you an overview of what you must look out for when searching for the best Canadian sportsbooks online. This includes how to spot trustworthy and secure online betting sites in Canada. What’s most important is that we also help you know how to make safe deposits and the sports betting options that are available at the best Canadian betting sites.
Best Canadian Sports Betting Sites
Sports betting has been easier with online betting platforms. Here are the best Canadian betting sites that punters should make use of. Each of these top Canadian betting sites has been reviewed and fully vetted by us as offering high quality, reliable and secure online gambling services. Punters looking to try sports betting online in Canada should consider using only the best Canadian sports betting websites.
- Leovegas Sportsbook
100% bonus of up to C$300
- Spin Sports
Sign up of up to C$300 free bets
- Mr Green
Sign up bonus of up to C$20 in Free Bets
Get A C$10 Free bet when you bet C$10
- Betway Sportsbook
Sign up bonus of up to C$200 in Free Bets
- 22bet Sportsbook
300% bonus on your first deposit
- Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
- 888Sport Sportsbook
Online Sports Betting Sites Canada Page Links
- How to Find the Top Sports Betting Sites
- Sports Betting Canada: Placing Online Bets
- Online Sports Betting Canada
- Making sure that a Canadian Sports Betting Site is Authentic
- Top 5 Sports Betting Sites in Canada
- Is Betting on Sports Legal in Canada?
- Understanding Online Sports Betting Odds
- Getting Started with Sports Wagering in Canada
- How do I Make Deposits at Best Sports Betting Sites?
- Canadian Sports Betting Sites Bonuses
- Mobile and Apps for Best Sports Betting Sites
- Sports Betting Tips for Canadian Bettors
- FAQs About Online Sports Betting in Canada
- Problem Gambling Solutions
Finding the best betting sites involves a short checklist, which we’ve compiled for you below. Whether you are interested in betting on the internet NFL, NHL, CFL, NBA or even fantasy sports betting, your first step is identifying the right and safe best betting websites. It may seem like a daunting task because there are so many sports betting sites on the internet, but we are here to help. We will share with you how we vet the top online sportsbooks.
So, you can use the same process when you are shopping around for the best sports betting sites. What’s more, the best online sports betting sites listed above have been put through the same process and have come out to be the best in Canada. Each of the sportsbooks in Canada that we review and feature on our site has to tick the following boxes described below:
- They must have great online betting bonus offers
- Offer the best sports betting odds
- Have safe and secure payment options
- Must be mobile compatible with popular tablets and smartphones
- Cover a wide range of sports and games
Online betting Canada will require a few important factors. Below are just a few things to consider when placing online bets.
- Be of legal age.
- Easy access to the internet.
- Credit/debit card or an e-wallet account.
- Money that you can afford to lose.
- A bit of knowledge on the sport you wish to bet on would go a long way.
Once you have found an authentic site, (we’ll show you to make sure of this later on in the guide), these are the steps you need to follow to get started.
- Step 1: Sign up with your chosen Canadian sports betting site. This will enable you to have an account with the sportsbook.
- Step 2: Once you have your account you will need to make your first deposit to start placing bets on all your favourite leagues in the various sporting codes.
- Step 3: At this point, you are likely to receive a bonus and/or a promotion. Before you indulge in any of these be sure to read the wagering requirements.
- Step 4: Pick your favourite team that has an upcoming match and bet on them.
- Step 5: Collect your winnings through a process of withdrawal. Because your money is valued withdrawals might take longer to process, don’t let this put you off, it’s mainly for security reasons.
One may think that NHL betting and the CFL would be the only sports that Canadians are interested in, but that is not the case. That is why when you visit the sports betting sites you will see options to bet on other sports whether it is local or international.
Canadian bettors can place wagers on many different sports, such as those listed below:
Making sure that a Canadian betting site is authentic is an easy process. Betting at sports betting sites may be quite a scary concept for punters to adapt to, and this is understandable. There are so many scams and no one wants to be a victim of these. Therefore, it is important to make sure that a Canadian online sportsbook is authentic prior to signing up. checking a betting sites authenticity will require a few steps such as the ones listed below;
- Check that the sportsbook or betting site is licensed and regulated in the area in which it operates. It is important to note, however, that a number of sites that are offering services in Canada are licensed by overseas regulatory bodies.
- Always look at how long the betting site has been operating. This will give you an idea as to how they handle their clients or how long they’ve been in business.
- Does the betting site have a constructive customer support centre that works 24/7? This is important to note because when you need assistance you’ll require the peace of mind that comes with a customer support centre.
- Many sites that come highly recommended for Canadian users are based in Central America or the Caribbean islands and will, therefore, be licensed and regulated by governments of Curacao and other governments alike.
Below, we have sourced the best sportsbook that Canadian punters should consider signing up to. We’ve taken into consideration the promotions available.
- Spin Sports
- Mr Play
- Royal Panda
The current structure in terms of Canadian online betting laws is set at a provincial level. In other words, provincial governments operate their own land-based casinos and lotteries. The same is true with sports betting retailers. Online Sports Betting is perfectly legal in Canada if the government has approved the site. The sports betting sites based outside of the Great White North but allow for CA punters remain a grey area due to the lack of laws surrounding the fact. Punters are not restricted to entering these sites because it does seem to be addressed by Canadian Law, according to our research.
Canada does prohibit single team betting. So, if you wish to be on just one match you will have to do so at an offshore betting site. In quite a few provinces in the country, the Pro-line betting method is used, which is similar to the parlay betting option. in Quebec, they use the Mise O Jeu platform which falls under Loto-Quebec.
In short, there are a wide variety of betting sites, such as the ones listed above, that punters can make use of within the legal framework. This is applicable in all provinces in the country. As a result, our punters need not worry because there is a wide variety of Canadian sportsbooks to choose from and enjoy without breaking any laws.
Before you can even place your first bet, you need to know and understand odds and their different types. This will help read the odds that sportsbooks give for each game. There are three different kinds of betting odds. See below:
- Decimal Odds – a number with a decimal point characterizes these odds. In other words, the odds will be displayed at 0.0. e.g. when a C$10 bet is made, and the odds are 1.1 the possible payout will be C$11.
- Fraction Odds – these odds are characterized by a fraction, and they show the profit that a bettor will make. The odds will be displayed like 0/0. e.g. when you place a bet of C$10 with odds of 1/10, you stand to win C$22.
- American Odds – a fraction also characterize these odds. However, they are displayed differently as -/+0. E.g. a sportsbook will offer odds like -200 on team A and +300 on team B. The team with a + is the favourite and the team with the – is the underdog. What it means is that the negative number is how much you need to bet to win C$100 and the positive is how much you would win if you bet C$100. So, for team A you would bet C$200, and for team B you would bet C$100.
If you have signed up at a sportsbook that is not based anywhere in North America, you will see that they often use the fraction and decimal odds. Both these odds show you the pay-out that you will receive on a bet you have made.
To get started with online sports gambling at a betting site you have to follow a few simple steps.
- You click on the play now link on the table above and you will be redirected to a safe a reputable site where you can sign up.
- These sites allow you to sign up for free without the need for you to place a bet first.
- What is even greater is that you will benefit from their welcome bonuses once you have made your first deposit.
All these sites accept the use of the Canadian Dollar and will also pay your winnings in the same currency. So, you will be benefitting from the best real money C$ online betting.
Making deposits at top betting sites in Canada is a quick and simple process. Depositing and withdrawing transactions can be processed through a variety of platforms. The most popular banking options at online sportsbooks is the use debit or credit cards. Most of the best Canadian sites accept deposits and withdrawals through the MasterCard and Visa platforms. Both these options can be used to make deposits because they are the popular debit or credit cards or prepaid cards globally. What’s more, there is also the option to make deposits directly from your account to the online betting site by using the Interac e-transfer or Visa Debit. In some instances, some sports betting sites will allow deposit using cheques.
Should you decide to withdraw your winnings, the most popular option is by paper cheque. However, this is not the only option that is available. Even though only a select few offer it, some betting sites will allow withdrawals with the same payment options used for deposits. So, if you used a credit card to make a deposit, you will use it to make a withdrawal.
The top-notch betting sites online lure bettors with promises of big bonuses and pay-outs for every win. Some even promise to pay-out on losses. However, you have to be able to spot which ones are worth claiming these online betting sites. These are some of the biggest bonuses or promotions that Canadian online bettors can look out for at betting sites.
- Reduced juice – this bonus is more applicable to spreads and Moneyline bets. So, this means that you will get to place a bet at a reduced amount. Not all online sportsbook sites will offer this kind of bonus.
- Cashback bonuses – some sports betting sites will offer cashback for a small percentage of the deposit made, which is usually your first deposit.
For NHL fans, Canadians sportsbooks will offer reduced juice on some of the hockey matches. These online sports betting sites will also offer reduced point spreads special lines and better odds. If you are interested in finding out more about the various sports betting bonuses in Canada, read our bonuses page for more.
Sports betting bonuses are offered on internet sportsbooks for new signups as well as loyal punters. The leading betting sites may use the available sports betting bonuses as a marketing tactic but, punters need to conduct their own research on the reliability of these betting bonuses. Some even promise to pay-out on losses. However, you have to be able to spot which betting bonuses are worth claiming. These are some of the biggest betting bonuses or promotions that Canadian online bettors can look out for at betting sites.
- Sports betting will be more convenient and the gaming experience better because of using sports betting apps.
- Mobile sports’ betting is also advantageous in that you can won’t have to sign up from scratch if you already have a desktop account.
- Simply use the same information to sign-in and you are ready to place your first bet.
Since mobile-optimized apps are becoming a thing, you will find that most online sportsbooks are competing to create the best sports betting apps. They will mostly drive for the best user experience and top-notch graphics. Even though there are a ton of options to choose from, don’t forget to put any sports betting site through a stringent review process similar to the one we have above to make sure that the site is safe and regulated.
When you first decide to take part in online sports gambling, it might seem to be too much, but there are always a few things to keep in mind. If you follow the tips below, you will be on your way to becoming an expert sports betting gambler. Not only will these tips help you be a responsible player, but you can also improve your chances of winning when placing a bet.
- Choose to bet at safe and regulated sportsbooks – it is essential to place your bet at a site that you know for sure is safe. In that way, you know that you are protected and will not have any concerns about your online gambling. Also, always ensure that you sign up with the most up to date sportsbook.
- Always do your research – before you can place a bet on any sport or team, do your research. This will help you in knowing the state of the team you are interested in betting on. You will be able to make informed decisions.
- Learn to manage your bankroll – One of the best ways to enjoy your sports betting is setting aside a bankroll that is specific to that. What’s also important is to allocate your bankroll to the different kinds of sports you want to bet on. Once your bankroll is depleted stop until you have excess money to continue with your sports betting.
- Shop around for good odds – Not all of the best sports betting sites offer the same odds for the same matches. Hence, it is important to shop around for the best odds that will be worthwhile should you win.
- Bet against the public – also known as fading the public is another way of knowing how and when to place a bet. As it suggests, when the public is behind a particular team, you will be bet on the other team. It is not a 100% proof that you will win if you do but always do your research first before placing your bet.
Is it legal to bet on sports in Canada?
There is no exact answer because it is a grey area. Some forms of online gambling are legal; however, the law is not precise on online gambling services offered by international gambling sites.
Which online betting site is the best?
We have reviewed the sports gambling sites that we have listed on our website to be the best in Canada. You can sign up with anyone of them to get great bonuses and gaming experiences online.
What are sports betting odds?
You will only find the best sports betting odds when you shop around at various online sportsbooks. Compare the odds and choose the best ones for the team you are interested in betting on.
What does betting on the line mean?
Betting on the line is when the bookmaker handicaps a team to set a margin making the game equal. The margin is what is known as the line, which is why the term betting on the line exists.
Are sports betting sites safe?
There are ways that you can check whether an online sports betting site is safe or not. Well-known authorities will regulate it. Be regularly audited by relevant organizations and also by the green lock that sits next to the website address.
All of the sports betting sites that we have listed above do not condone irresponsible gambling. If you feel that your betting habits are getting out of hand, then it is essential to seek professional help. Punters must be aware that gambling is only fun if you can afford to lose. Sports betting is a fast-paced industry with betting taking place daily in Canada. It is crucial that punters exercise self-control. We, at Oddshunter.ca, want to ensure that you are having healthy fun.
To assist bettors who feel they are trapped in an unhealthy gambling cycle, there are plenty of sites that we encourage you to visit. We have listed the websites below, along with contact information, for your convenience.
- ProblemGambling.ca – 1-866-531-2600
- Responsible Gambling Council – 416-499-9800
- YMCA Youth Gambling Awareness Program – 416-928-9622
Popular Sport Gambling Guides:
Box 88, Eric Offices, Mills Estate, Canada