Hockey Betting Online has a variety of online sports betting platforms, and it is always tricky to find one that best suits your preferences. Canadian sports betting sites commonly referred to as sportsbooks, are informative and can serve as an excellent guide when you are ready to place a bet on the sport. Online Hockey Betting Online is very popular in Canada and around the world and with this guide, you could also be part of the action. Just as in any other sports you can place a wager on different leagues within hockey. Once you know and understand the sport it becomes a very profitable pastime for you as a Canadian bettor, especially considering how popular the sport is in Canada. There are plenty of sports betting sites that punters can make use of when placing wagers on this sports. We will list all of them below.
Top Hockey Betting sites for Canadian Players
100% bonus of up to CA$300
Sign up of up to CA$300 free bets
Sign up bonus of up to CA$200 in Free Bets
Up 10 $100 Sign up bonus
300% bonus on your first deposit
Royal Panda Sportsbook
$20 Free Bet Sign up bonus
Deposit $250 to get 100% bonus
Sign up bonus of CA$100
Hockey Betting Explained Page Links
- New to Hockey Betting
- Hockey Betting Types
- How to Place a Bet
- Tips and Strategies for Hockey Betting
- Hockey Betting Overall
Hockey Betting in Canada requires that you find a reputable sportsbook. You will begin your quest to look for a sports betting site you can trust. Once you feel you have found one you will need to sign up and join the site as an official gambler. Banking options will appear as well as promotions and bonuses. The most common methods of making a payment are through Visa, MasterCard and Bitcoin.
There are plenty of different bets you can place on one game of hockey, and this is where the little hockey knowledge that you might have will be needed. Sportsbooks online will offer different betting options, and this gives you flexibility regarding choice of a bet.
The types of bets you can place are as follows
- Moneyline Bet – this is dependent on betting on the underdog versus the favourite. This has a bigger reward because the risk is more significant. This type of bet is selecting which team will win the game. This is the most popular bet in hockey.
- Totals – When making a wager for the total goals scored in the game you will be deciding if the oddsmakers were wrong or right. In other words, will the goals scored in the game be over the numbers selected by the oddsmakers or under.
- Puck line – A point spread system that balances out the scale. The odds are usually +1.5/-1.5. This type of bet is similar to the Moneyline Bet; however, the team selected will either need to win or lose by 1.5 goals.
- Parlay – This is a bet that combines the Totals, Moneyline and Puck Line into one bet.
- Prop Bets – Proposition betting, Props Bets for short, are bets that centre on the team or player performances in the game. They are not concerned with the final score.
Participating in Hockey online betting from Canada requires three crucial steps; once you have taken the first two steps, the rest should be easy.
- As previously stated looking for a trustworthy sportsbook is priority 1. Once you have found it, you open an account with them.
- Depositing the money would be step two. All sportsbooks have a list of banking methods they prefer; the most common would be Visa and MasterCard payments. You cannot move onto the next step in the process without having made a payment.
- This is where you will come across ‘betting lines’ or betting odds. You will see a list of these below, choosing the most preferred should be easy once you understand each option thoroughly.
- Once you understand the various types of bets and how to place a bet the next step would be to ensure that you have done enough research.
- It is important that you take into account players’ forms, information such as strengths and weaknesses on your favourite team and their biggest opponent.
- Always beware of the underdogs, more often than not they are capable of surprising you.
People often get intimidated by the stats table and oddly presented on sportsbooks, but if you have knowledge regarding Hockey, then online betting on Canadian sportsbooks should not be too problematic. Canadian Ice Hockey is among the most prominent sports people bet on. If you give it a chance you could be among those making money from it.
See More Sports Betting Guides Below: