Esports Online Betting Canada
Esports Online Betting is estimated to be worth more than $29 billion by the year 2020. So, If you are looking to get in on that growth then you have come to the right place. Let’s start by exploring what esports is and how a bettor from Canada can get in on the action. Esports is a name that refers to Internet-based games, in full it is titled Electronic Games. Though it is dominant online it does not limit the activity to the internet but games are also played in arenas before a live audience. The games featured are mainly FIFA, Call of Duty and League of Legends which we will elaborate further on. Consequentially, esports betting online in Canada requires that bettors watch some of these games online and bet on who they think will win.
Best eSports betting Sites in Canada
Sports betting sites, better known as sportsbooks, are plenty online and finding one shouldn’t be too hard. The type of site you should be looking for as a Canadian bettor is a site that will take wagers on all games. A number of highly recognized sportsbooks have esports betting on offer. As a result, the most sought after games to place wagers on are Dota 2, League of Legends and CS: GO. This should not limit you from placing bets on other games as the list lengthens.
Esports Betting Page Links
- Esports Betting In Canada
- Kinds of Bets you can place
- Most Popular Games in Esports
- Esports Tournaments and Leagues
Betting on esports in Canada should be as simple as online betting on any other sports. Sports betting sites have made it easy to deposit your loonies and get started. Once a sportsbook that suits the Canadian market for esports has been picked you will receive information on upcoming events. This includes odds compiled by bookmakers. Once you have acquired enough information you will place your real money bets.
- Real Money Betting – bettors can place a wager on the tournament in its entirety or a single game. If the selections are correct then a bettor will get paid out.
- Challenge Betting – this type of bet will only apply to gamers. A group of gamers of two gamers who play against each other can create a wager between themselves and whoever wins the game will win the bet. Also, sign up for contest using money and if they win the contest that the money garnered from entry fees will be theirs.
- Social Betting – this type of bet is when people connected online place informal bets among each other.
- Skin Betting – this type of bet is popular in esports. This refers to item transfers and swaps among players. As a result, these items can also be used to place a bet.
Just like any other sports in the world, there are popular teams. With esports, there are favourite games and these include games that I had previously mentioned. However, are the most loved games by bettors, but the list is slightly longer;
- DOTA 2
- Starcraft 2
- CS: GO
- League of Legends
- Call of Duty
- World of Tanks
Esports tournaments are title matches, where gamer individuals and teams meet for a showdown and battle for a real money prize. The biggest competition on the esports scene at the moment is the Electronic Sports League, better known as the ESL.
Esports is still fairly new to the betting industry. However, in the few years that it has been around it has grown in leaps and bounds. As a bettor in Canada, you have to keep your to the ground and learn the latest news, the upcoming events and how to place bets. Learning all the basics of the field and taking in the information compiled by bookmakers is vital in forming strategies making calculated bets.
See More Sports Betting Guides Below: